In our cybersecurity master's program, you'll work with ODU's Center for Cybersecurity Education and Research. That means cutting-edge research with experienced ODU faculty and hands-on experience through a virtual lab where you can conduct cybersecurity experiments.
Our faculty bring their research and experience into the classroom. You'll work with real-world examples and applications in cybersecurity, cyber defense, and team management. Our comprehensive curriculum covers:
- advanced cybersecurity principles, techniques, and operations
- advanced topics in law and policy, including digital forensics
- management and leadership in cybersecurity, including project management
- technical training in emerging technologies
- opportunities to conduct cutting-edge research with faculty
You will choose five elective courses to focus your studies. Instead of a thesis, you will complete a capstone course that will apply your studies to solve cybersecurity problems.
When you graduate, you will be ready to advance your professional career, pursue doctoral studies, or teach cybersecurity in colleges and universities.