In our cybersecurity master's program, you'll benefit from access to ODU's Center for Cybersecurity Education and Research. This means cutting-edge research with experienced ODU faculty and hands-on experience through a virtual lab where you can conduct real-world cybersecurity experiments.
Our faculty bring their research and experience into the classroom, training you with real-world examples and applications in cybersecurity, cyber defense, and team management. Our comprehensive curriculum covers:
- advanced cybersecurity principles, techniques, and operations
- advanced topics in law and policy, including digital forensics
- management and leadership in cybersecurity, including project management
- technical training in emerging technologies
- opportunities to conduct cutting-edge research with faculty
You will choose five elective courses to focus your studies. Instead of a thesis, you will complete a capstone course designed to bring your studies together and apply them to solve real-world cybersecurity problems.
When you graduate, you will be ready to advance your professional career, pursue doctoral studies, or teach cybersecurity courses in 2- and 4-year colleges and universities.