Full Support, Without a Program
You may need a course to fulfill a work or education requirement or maybe you are considering a certificate, licensure, or continuing education program. Perhaps you want to get started on your graduate degree while your application to the program is under consideration. Time to apply as a non-degree student.
You will connect with an enrollment coordinator who can help guide you through the admissions process. Your enrollment coordinator can:
- Confirm that the desired course is available
- Help you figure out what courses will meet your needs
- Confirm that prerequisites have been met
Call us at 1-800-968-2638 or contact us with the form below to let us know what you're interested in.
The Paperwork Part of the Process
Some courses may require that you have completed prerequisites. Your enrollment coordinator can do an unofficial transcript evaluation and determine your eligibility.
Official transcripts are not required to apply to ODU as a non-degree student. If you choose to apply to a degree program and become a degree-seeking student, you will need to submit your transcripts.
Time to Apply
Apply online as a non-degree student.
Choose the undergraduate or graduate application based on your intended program. You will select "non-degree" for your student type on the application.
The Office of Admissions also has instructions for non-degree applicants.
- You may apply as a non-degree student in any academic term.
- You can earn up to 12 credit hours for graduate courses taken as a non-degree student. If you want to continue beyond 12 credits, you will need to apply as a degree-seeking student.
- We recommend undergraduate students take no more than 24 semester hours as non-degree students.
- Admission to ODU as a non-degree student does not guarantee admission to a specific degree program as degree-seeking student.
Online students report being satisfied or very satisfied with
their overall experiences with ODU
Continuing Education and Professional Development
It's never too late to change where you're headed. ODU's School of Continuing Education and Professional Development offers programs that help you earn the knowledge needed to advance your career, matching merit with flexibility. An investment with us is an investment in yourself.