Take a leadership role in your educational community. Prepare to impact the mathematics achievement and success of preK-8 students. ODU's mathematics specialist program will provide you with a strong background in mathematics education, and how to best teach those concepts. You will also have opportunities to practice and craft your leadership skills with this master's degree.
Strengthen your ability to:
- Re-examine connections among key math concepts in preK-8 curriculum aligned with National Council of Teachers of Mathematics education standards;
- Leverage processes and practices for developing mathematics content understanding;
- Use effective tasks to enhance students' mathematical confidence;
- Gain a deeper understanding of students’ mathematical thinking and cognitive development to enhance their education.
You will also learn how to:
- Support learners through culturally responsive pedagogy and reform-oriented instruction;
- Facilitate professional learning and bridge the gap between research and practice.