Why ODU for Human Services?
ODU's online Human Services degree completion program is designed to prepare you for entry-level positions in a variety of community service agencies. You will learn:
- the roles and functions of the human services professional;
- characteristics of human growth and development;
- characteristics of human services agencies;
- theories and skills of human services; and
- basic skills related to program evaluation, grant writing, and fundraising.
You will also gain insight into the ethical, legal, and multicultural issues related to the responsibilities of the human services professional.
Interested in becoming a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CACD)?
This program is approved by the Virginia Board of Counseling and the Virginia Certification Board as a provider of addiction education leading to Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) and Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) certification. After graduation from ODU, you will be required to complete the residency requirement and take the exam set by the Virginia Board of Psychology. This certification recognized by the International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) and is eligible for reciprocity.