Registering for Courses
We offer coursework on a semester basis. As a result, we do not have an open registration year-round. (The only exceptions are the Engineering Management courses delivered by portable media to military service members. Ashore students should click here to register for MEM courses.)
Please check the ODU Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines relating to course registration, add/drop/withdraw, tuition, exams, and holidays.
How to Find Online Courses in LEO Online
- Log in to LEO Online using your MIDAS ID and password. (You can still access course information without logging in, but the view is slightly different.)
- Go to the tab that says "Admissions, Registration, Student Records, and Graduation Information.”
- Click "Registration."
- Click “Look-Up classes to Add” (near the bottom of the list).
- Choose a Term and click Submit.
- Select the Subject of the courses you want to find and click the Course Search button.
- The next page will display all courses (both at main campus and online) for the term and subject area that you selected. Click the "View Sections" button by the course you want to view all available sections.
- Check the Location column to the right of each section to find the right online course. The table below lists the location codes you should look for.
|Your Location||Live Courses||Asynchronous|
You live in Hampton Roads *
WEB2 with a day and time
|WEB2 and NO meeting day/time|
|* If you live in Hampton Roads, you also can take classes on main campus or at one of ODU's local higher education centers (HEC). Classes on main campus will have a building name and room number in the Location field. For classes at the Virginia Beach HEC, Peninsula HEC, or Tri-Cities HEC, look for Location codes VBCTR, PNCTR, or TCCTR.|
You live in Virginia (outside Hampton Roads)
WEB5 with a day and time
|WEB5 and NO meeting day/time|
You live outside Virginia
WEB7 with a day and time
|WEB7 and NO meeting day/time|
You live outside the United States
WEB8 with a day and time
|WEB8 and NO meeting day/time|
What do the WEB, DSC and WC codes mean?
- WC courses are delivered through WebEx web conferencing software
- DSC courses are delivered through 2-way conferencing software like Cisco Jabber
- WEB courses (with a meeting day and time) are delivered through Adobe Connect
- WEB courses without a day or time are asynchronous and accessed through ODU's Personal Learning Environment (PLE)
I tried to register for a course and I got an error: "Student campus does not match course campus. Registration prohibited. Contact email@example.com."
Every student at ODU has a campus code that determines which course sections you can register for. This prevents an online student from accidentally registering for a course that meets on main campus. If you have questions about your campus code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if my computer isn't compatible, or I don't have the other hardware (web cam, microphone, etc.)?
- You can take classes at a higher education center, at your local ODU Online partner, or on ODU's main campus.
- Check with the ODU ITS Helpdesk to discuss what you need in order for your computer run online classes.
- If you have technical difficulty during a live class, you can review the class through high definition archives of classes within Blackboard and on the ODU Online website.
- Live online classes often have an attendance requirement. Sometimes a professor may allow you to attend class by watching the archives of live class sessions, but you should NOT assume that this is allowed. Please check with your advisor or the professor about taking a course by watching the archives rather than attending live online class sessions.
Need more information?
Please contact your advisor, or email ODU Online at email@example.com.