Before you apply to an online program at ODU, contact us to speak to an enrollment coach. They'll provide an unofficial evaluation of any credits you want to transfer and guide you through the admission process.
After you're accepted to ODU, you'll have a dedicated advisor to help with all your academic planning.
Your Academic Advisor
Individual academic departments provide online graduate student advising services. Please contact the department or director of your graduate program for academic assistance.
Our online undergraduate students are assigned a student success director based on their degree program and the college where the program resides.
Arts & Letters
- Communication (BA/BS)
- Criminal Justice (BA/BS)
- Cybercrime (Interdisciplinary Studies) (BS)
- Geography (BA/BS)
- Leadership (Interdisciplinary Studies) BS
- Political Science (BA/BS)
- Professional Writing (Interdisciplinary Studies) (BS)
- Sociology (BA/BS)
- Accounting (BSBA)
- Business Administration (BSBA)
- Business Analytics (BSBA)
- Economics (BSBA)
- Finance (BSBA)
- Information Systems & Technology (BSBA)
- Management (BSBA)
- Marketing (BSBA)
- Real Estate (BSBA)
- Risk Management & Insurance (BSBA)
- Elementary Education (BS)
- Fashion Merchandising (Occupational & Technical Studies) (BS)
- Human Services (BS)
- Industrial Technology (Occupational & Technical Studies) (BS)
- Marketing Education (BS)
- Special Education (BS)
- Technology Education (BS)
- Training Specialist (Occupational & Technical Studies) (BS)
Engineering & Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology (BSET)
- Computer Engineering (BSComE)
- Electrical Engineering Technology (BSET)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSET)
- Dental Hygiene (BSDH)
- Health Services Administration (BSHS)
- Medical Laboratory Science (BSMLS)
- Nursing RN to BSN
- Public Health (BSPH)
- Computer Science (BSCS)
- Psychology (BS)
School of Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity (BS)
Degree Planning Tools
DegreeWorks is a web-based academic advising tool for undergraduates. It helps you map out your studies and identifies courses that fulfill requirements for your major. You'll be able to track graduation requirements you've met and those yet to be completed. You can also create "what if" scenarios to see how your courses might apply to a different major, if you were to change programs.
Long Range Course Planning Tool
See when online courses are going to be offered in the future. This tool can help you plan the most efficient progression through your courses. Many courses are offered in the same semester(s) each year, but keep in mind that the schedule is subject to change.
This is a great way to look ahead and to guide a conversation with your advisor.