Why ODU for Professional Leadership?
Our professional leadership online certificate teaches you the characteristics and skills necessary to lead. Classes focus on organizational and social leadership. The eight week format for each course is perfect for working adults with busy schedules.
- Professional leadership theories, legal issues and ethics
- Developing leadership skills, personal and professional leadership philosophy and a personal code of ethics
- Analyzing legal and ethical decisions and their effect on careers and an organization’s culture
- Preparing persuasive analyses and presentations through research
When you complete the certificate, you'll have crucial professional leadership skills that employers, organizations, and governments need. This certificate is perfect for non-traditional adult learners seeking a leadership role, but is open to all. It's also a great addition to an associate degree, or a solid start to our leadership bachelor's degree program online.
Want to learn more? Contact us!
- 12 credit hours:
- CPD 400 Foundations of Leadership
- CPD 410 Leadership Ethics
- CPD 412 Leadership and Law
- CPD 416 Trends and Issues in Leadership
These courses use online textbooks and other no-cost online resources to save you money.
- 12 credit hours:
Online Learning Environment
Access course materials online from any location. Many classes don't have a scheduled meeting time, so you can fit class into your personal schedule. The instructor may schedule assignments and exams at specific times.
All courses follow an accelerated eight-week format.
Careers in Leadership
Leadership skills can be applied to any industry and can lead to positions such as:
- Administrative Services Manager
- Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Sales Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Financial Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- In-state Virginia Residents
- $393 per credit hour*
- Out-of-State Students
- $426 per credit hour