Why ODU for Community College Leadership?
Learn from a college leadership program known for academic rigor and executive-level leadership preparation. Our courses target, build, and reinforce skills identified by the American Association for Community Colleges (AACC).
You'll study community college issues and applied problem solving with courses in:
- institutional finance, fundraising, and resource management
- community college politics, policy, and advocacy
- curriculum, program development and quality assurance
- leadership and organizational strategy
You will also complete an internship for hands-on leadership experience at a community college.
All credits earned in this graduate certificate in Community College Leadership can apply towards our Ph.D. program in Community College Leadership.
Want to learn more? Contact us!
- 15 credit hours, including an internship
The internship typically takes place over the summer. You will work with an advisor to arrange the internship at a college near you.
Online Learning Environment
Attend class online on a regular schedule and access course materials online from any location. Most courses meet once a week in the evening. This program requires an internship/experiential learning course. All courses follow ODU's regular academic calendar.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Emerging leaders in community college administration
- Administrators who have recently transitioned to a community college from careers in other industries