About This Minor
Learn the fundamentals of energy engineering. This minor will help you integrate knowledge from your major with concepts used in energy engineering, technologies, and resources such as fossil, nuclear, and renewable energy.
You will select four energy engineering courses from various engineering and engineering technology disciplines—civil, electrical, computer, and mechanical—as well as engineering management. You'll have the opportunity to learn about:
- Novel energy engineering topics like smart grids, integrated generation systems, storage, transmission, and distribution systems
- How public policies affect the energy industry
- Sociological, economic, and environmental impacts of energy systems and technologies
Want to learn more? Contact us!
- 12 credit hours (four courses)
No more than two courses can be from the same discipline. Some courses may have prerequisites.
A minor can only be earned as part of an undergraduate program. Talk with an ODUGlobal enrollment coordinator to determine if you have credits that will transfer.
Online Learning Environment
Access course materials online from any location. Some classes will have live, regular online meeting times, while others will not. The instructor may schedule assignments and exams at specific times. All courses follow ODU's regular academic calendar.
- In-state Virginia Residents
- $393 per credit hour*
- Out-of-State Students
- $426 per credit hour
Meet Your Team
A dedicated enrollment team for your major will guide your transition to ODUGlobal.
Ready to get started?
Already have college credits?