We're ready to assist you!
24/7 Technical Support
For help with Blackboard, live web conference classes, Adobe Connect, and asynchronous classes in the PLE, please contact ODU Information Technology Services (ITS):
- 877-348-6503 (toll-free)
- Submit a support ticket online.
- Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Minimum Computer Specifications
ITS maintains a list of minimum computing requirements here, which includes a quick online test to check for these requirements on your computer.
Web Conference Classes and Live Online Events
Our live web conference classes use WebEx. You can also create your own WebEx meetings to connect with your classmates for group work or study sessions.
Quick tip: During your class or event, don't run any network-intensive applications on your computer, such as streaming video -- it can cause your web conference connection to lag or freeze.
- ODU Web Conference Test Link: Test your audio and video set-up
Blackboard is ODU's learning management system. Courses may use Blackboard to deliver content, host discussion forums, and administer exams. It's compatible with Windows and Mac, and Blackboard Mobile apps are available for mobile devices.
- Get an online guide to Blackboard or view training videos
- Frequently asked questions about Blackboard
Personal Learning Environment (PLE)
The PLE is an interface used in asynchronous courses, designed by ODU's Center for Learning and Teaching.
The option to take courses by portable media is limited to students with specific academic or military experience and training who are enrolling in specific programs.
- For portable media exam issues or technical assistance, contact Dr. Bill Gideon at email@example.com or 1-800-968-2638.