We're ready to assist you!
Contact ODU Information Technology Services (ITS):
For portable media exam issues or technical assistance, contact Dr. Bill Gideon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-968-2638.
Minimum Computer Specifications
ITS maintains a list of minimum computing requirements here, which includes a quick online test to check for these requirements on your computer.
Web Conference Classes and Live Online Events
Our live web conference classes use WebEx. You can also create your own WebEx meetings to connect with your classmates for group work or study sessions.
- Get started in Web Conference Courses
- ODU Web Conference Test Link: Test your audio and video set-up
Blackboard is ODU's learning management system. Courses may use Blackboard to deliver content, host discussion forums, and administer exams. It's compatible with Windows and Mac, and Blackboard Mobile apps are available for mobile devices.
- Get an online guide to Blackboard or view training videos
- Frequently asked questions about Blackboard
Personal Learning Environment (PLE)
The PLE is an interface used in asynchronous courses, designed by ODU's Center for Learning and Teaching. PLE classes are accessed through Blackboard.
The option to take courses by portable media is limited to students with specific academic or military experience and training who are enrolling in specific programs.
- For portable media exam issues or technical assistance, contact Dr. Bill Gideon at email@example.com or 1-800-968-2638.