ODU is strategically located in the heart of the Maritime Logistics Cluster in Hampton Roads. This area is a major East Coast hub for logistics activities and an emerging digital port. Our faculty are connected to local, regional and global communities in the maritime and supply chain industries.
Our master's degree in maritime trade and supply chain management is designed for both new and experienced professionals. You will learn the theory, skills, and practices needed to meet daily challenges in global supply chain management. Our courses will introduce you to many components of the industry, including:
- national and international regulations for the transportation of goods
- demand and inventory management in supply chain
- port planning and operations
- capacity management and equipment investment
- logistics and reverse logistics
- supply chain software and technology, such database management, SQL, and NAVIS N4, a terminal operation software used by over 200 ports in the world
In addition, you will learn how to think critically about local and global maritime trade and supply chain issues. You will gain practical skills to identify problems, analyze data, and design solutions for more efficient port and supply chain management.