Military Partnerships and Affiliations
DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support)
DANTES supports the off-duty, voluntary education programs of the Department of Defense and conducts special projects and development activities in support of education-related functions of the Department.
This is the U.S. Army’s virtual gateway for Soldiers serving in the Reserves or on active duty to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online, anytime for classroom, distance learning, and eArmyU online courses. The GoArmyEd portal is used by:
- Soldiers to pursue their postsecondary educational goals
- Army Education Counselors to provide educational guidance
- Schools to deliver degree and course offerings and to report soldier progress
This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Military Spouse Education & Career Opportunities (SECO)
- MyCAA, a program sponsored by the Department of Defense, helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or Associate Degrees (excluding Associate Degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields and occupations. MyCAA Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Military Spouse Career Counseling Materials
Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership (NCPDLP)
These education partnerships provide associate and bachelor’s degree programs relevant to each Navy rating/specialty, and make maximum use of military professional training and experience to fulfill degree requirements.
The program also provides opportunities to take courses through distance learning so that Sailors anywhere will be able to pursue a degree. The goal of the NCPDLP Schools is to support both the Sailor’s mobile lifestyle and educational goals with rating relevant degree. Courses are offered in a variety of formats, such as CD-ROM, paper, or over the internet.
Troops To Teachers (TTT)
This program, currently managed by DANTES, recruits eligible military personnel to become highly qualified teachers in schools that serve students from low-income families throughout the U.S. TTT helps relieve teacher shortages, especially in math, science, special education and other critical subject areas, and assists military personnel in making successful transitions to second careers in teaching.
U.S. Air Force Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative (ABC)
Through the Air Force UA-ABC program, our online ABET-accredited engineering technology bachelor's programs may be a great match for CCAF grads with an AFSC related to electrical or mechanical engineering technology. ODUGlobal advisors will be happy to help map out your degree plan. Contact us to get started.
U.S. Coast Guard
ODU features degree programs of special interest to active duty, reserve, veteran and civilian USCG members, such as the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences major in Health Services Administration.
- ODUGlobal courses can be completed at sea or ashore.
- Credit may be granted for Coast Guard training.
- Generous tuition assistance and book allowances for military and civilian USCG members.
- Veterans benefits/GI Bill® accepted.
Find other important and relevant resources at the U. S. Coast Guard Institute.
Graduate students in engineering, nursing, and education programs at ODU are eligible for Yellow Ribbon funding. Learn more at the Veterans Affairs website.