Guaranteed Admission for Virginia Community College Students
Old Dominion University and the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) have a Guaranteed Admission Agreement designed to let qualified VCCS students make a seamless transfer to Old Dominion.
What this means for you:
- After completing 15 credits at a VCCS institution, you'll submit a letter of intent to transfer to ODU. It must be submitted no later than 90 days prior to your graduation date.
- If you meet Old Dominion’s criteria for the Guaranteed Admission Agreement, you may apply for admission to ODU after completing your first 15 hours of community college credits.
- Once you’re accepted to ODU, you’ll have access to ODU advisors while you’re still enrolled in your community college. After successfully completing the Guaranteed Admission Agreement process, you will be considered a student of both the community college and ODU.
- In addition to the Guaranteed Admission option, students who have successfully completed at least 24 college credits may apply for regular transfer admission.
- As an undergraduate ODUGlobal student, you will have a dedicated academic advisor.