Why ODU for Nursing - Advanced Practice?
Our fully accredited post-MSN doctor of nursing practice program is designed to advance the roles and practice skills of advanced practice nurses including nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, clinical nurse specialists and nurse anesthetists.
You will learn to address the needs of the underserved and vulnerable populations. Advanced practice nurses are prepared to serve as leaders, researchers, and expert clinicians in addressing health disparities and barriers to healthcare.
Our graduates tell us that ODU's DNP program has transformed them into providers and administrators with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to:
- Take leadership in developing interdisciplinary teams
- Conduct evidence-based research
- Develop programs to improve healthcare outcomes
- Become business owners
- Address national policy issues
- Advocate for the use of healthcare technology
- Have a voice in healthcare change
- Overcome issues related to healthcare
ODU's bachelor of science in nursing, master of science in nursing, and doctor of nursing practice are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is not available in the following states: Washington