Navy College Enrollment Checklist
After You've Completed the New Student Checklist
1. Consult with an Student Success Coach While Selecting Your Courses
If you don't have a coach/advisor already, please contact ODUOnline at email@example.com or 1-800-968-2638. We'll connect you with a program expert who can answer questions about the General Engineering Technology, Health Services Administration, or Mechanical Engineering Technology degree programs.
2. Register for Class
NCPACE students register through their command. All other students may register through LEO Online. CD-ROM course reference numbers are hidden from public view on LEO Online. Your advisor will give you the numbers needed to register for these courses.
3. Verify Your Registration and Tuition
Log in to LEO Online to make sure you are registered for class and that your financial obligations have been satisfied. Although tuition is paid by the Navy for NCPACE registrations, you should still check your account. You can email your TA Authorization forms to ThirdPartyBilling@odu.edu or mail your TA Authorization forms to:
ODU Office of Finance
Third Party Billing
1006 Rollins Hall
Norfolk, VA 23529
If you have any questions about TA Authorization, please contact our third party billing team at ThirdPartyBilling@odu.edu or 757-683-3030.
4. Order Your Books and Course Materials
NCPACE students should check with their NCPACE contractor before ordering materials.
To order your materials, click here to visit the ODU Bookstore web site and follow these steps:
- Click the ENTER COURSES button on the right. (Do not use your UIN.)
- Program: Select "Navy College or MEM".
- Term: The current academic year should already be displayed.
- Division: Select NAVY COLLEGE.
- Department: Select the designation of your course - EET, ENMA, or MET.
- Course: Choose the number of your course -- for example, choose "302" for ENMA 302.
- Section: NAVY should already be selected.
- Click FIND MATERIALS.
- The next page will list all course materials for the courses you selected. Click the checkbox next to each item you want to order. Then click the ADD x ITEM TO BAG button at the bottom right.
This book ordering process is being updated! If you need help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Contact Your Professor
Send your instructor an email to introduce yourself and announce your enrollment in the course.
6. Review the Guide
7. Begin Working on Your Course(s) to Finish Within the Allotted Time
Extensions are possible but must be requested in advance and approved by your instructor.
8. Take Tests and Exams
Follow these guidelines to secure a proctor for exams. Complete and submit a Proctor Request Form (PDF) for each class where you need a proctor. Confirm that proctors have received your tests, and then schedule to take the exams as you are ready. When you take a test, bring a completed Course Assignment Distribution Sheet (PDF) with you. Full instructions for proctored exams are here.
9. Familiarize Yourself with the Grading Policies in the University Catalog
If you fail to complete the course, a grade of incomplete will eventually convert to an F. If you have any concerns relating to your grade, contact your instructor.
10. Instructors Provide Feedback by Email
Course materials are not returned to students on a routine basis. If any material does get returned, it will be mailed to the address on file in ODU records.