Why ODU for Public Administration and Policy?
Upgrade your skills in policy analysis and public management. With ODU's graduate certificate in public administration and policy, you'll develop analytical and management expertise.
The core three courses in this certificate cover administrative theory, ethics, public policy and evaluation.
You'll choose an elective for the fourth course. Choose from topics such as:
- public-private partnerships,
- human services administration,
- negotiation and dispute resolution,
- and financial management.
Want to learn more? Contact us!
- 12 credits (four courses)
- Three courses are required; one is an elective
Online Learning Environment
Access course materials online from any location. Many classes don't have a scheduled meeting time, so you can fit class into your personal schedule. The instructor may schedule assignments and exams at specific times. All courses follow ODU's regular academic calendar.
Many of our students come from or find new positions in:
- Local government
- Federal civilian employment
- State government
- Private sector consulting or research