Military Affiliations and Partners
Military Partnerships and Affiliations
DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support)
DANTES supports the off-duty, voluntary education programs of the Department of Defense and conducts special projects and development activities in support of education-related functions of the Department.
This is the U.S. Army’s virtual gateway for Soldiers serving in the Reserves or on active duty to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online, anytime for classroom, distance learning, and eArmyU online courses. The GoArmyEd portal is used by:
- Soldiers to pursue their postsecondary educational goals
- Army Education Counselors to provide educational guidance
- Schools to deliver degree and course offerings and to report soldier progress
This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Military Spouse Education & Career Opportunities (SECO)
- MyCAA, a program sponsored by the Department of Defense, helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or Associate Degrees (excluding Associate Degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields and occupations. MyCAA Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Military Spouse Career Counseling Materials
Navy College Program for Afloat College Education (NCPACE)
NCPACE offers participating Sailors high quality learning opportunities and experiences from post secondary institutions accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Department of Education. The objective of NCPACE is to provide shipboard personnel with educational opportunities comparable to those available to shore duty personnel. Tuition is funded 100%. Students are responsible for the cost of textbooks and related materials.
Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership (NCPDLP)
These education partnerships provide associate and bachelor’s degree programs relevant to each Navy rating/specialty, and make maximum use of military professional training and experience to fulfill degree requirements.
The program also provides opportunities to take courses through distance learning so that Sailors anywhere will be able to pursue a degree. The goal of the NCPDLP Schools is to support both the Sailor’s mobile lifestyle and educational goals with rating relevant degree. Courses are offered in a variety of formats, such as CD-ROM, videotape, paper, or over the internet.
Troops To Teachers (TTT)
This program, currently managed by DANTES, recruits eligible military personnel to become highly qualified teachers in schools that serve students from low-income families throughout the U.S. TTT helps relieve teacher shortages, especially in math, science, special education and other critical subject areas, and assists military personnel in making successful transitions to second careers in teaching.
U.S. Air Force Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative (ABC)
Through the Air Force UA-ABC program, our Bachelor of Science in General Engineering Technology degree provides a great match for CCAF grads with an AFSC related to electrical or mechanical engineering technology. ODU advisors will be happy to help map out your degree plan. Contact us to get started.
U.S. Coast Guard
ODU features degree programs of special interest to active duty, reserve, veteran and civilian USCG members. These programs include the Bachelor of Science in General Engineering Technology and Health Sciences.
- All ODU courses in these two programs are offered via distance learning so USCG students can complete at sea or ashore.
- Credit may be granted for Coast Guard training.
- Generous tuition assistance and book allowances for military and civilian USCG members.
- Veterans benefits/GI Bill® accepted.
Find other important and relevant resources at the U. S. Coast Guard Institute.