Effective public administration and policy-making requires collaborative decisions and problem solving. Our program takes a multi-sector approach. You'll focus on the challenges that arise where governments, nonprofits, businesses, community groups, and individuals intersect.
You will graduate with a solid grounding in the theory and issues of traditional public administration and public policy. You'll also gain the practical knowledge to influence decision makers and lead organizations involved in public service.
You will develop the skills to:
- conduct policy analyses
- design and conduct research studies in public administration
- report research findings and its implications to a variety of audiences and decision-makers
- make informed policy and administrative decisions
- assess policy and implementation issues
- establish, manage, and evaluate multi-sector programs and relationships
- teach courses in public administration and policy
Whether you're new to public administration or taking your public service career to the next level, you will be able to apply your experience and education to effect change in the public sphere.