Our Reading Specialist Master's Degree Online program will prepare you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Teach reading,
- Develop reading programs and curriculum,
- Teach professional development workshops,
- Assess individual student reading strengths and weaknesses,
- Serve as a literacy coach,
- And coach students in literacy at the elementary and secondary school levels.
You will conduct research, become immersed in the latest reading issues and trends, and conduct a needs assessment for your school.
This program also includes a supervised practicum. There you will tutor children and gain experience diagnosing and remedying reading problems. You'll engage in a field-based reading specialist/literacy coaching experience. This practicum can be completed in your local school division or school of employment.
This program is NCATE/CAEP accredited. This program is intended for teachers in Virginia.