Online Class Behavior
- Don't talk on the phone or carry on conversations with people at your location while class is in session.
- Mute your mic when you are not speaking. If your mic is always on, it may pick up background noises which will distract other students or your professor.
- Dress appropriately, as if you were going to class in person.
- Try to sit where you have good lighting so that your classmates and professor can see you. Remember that they can also see the wall or room behind you. (Hint: You can test out webcam and audio equipment at any time before class by visiting our Web Conference Test Link.)
- Always connect to class on time (or early).
- Speak clearly, and pause occasionally to allow others to ask questions.
- Never attempt to drive and attend class at the same time.