We're here to help, 24/7
Contact ODU Information Technology Support (ITS)
For portable media exam issues or technical assistance, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-968-2638.
Minimum Computer Specifications
ITS has a general list of computer system recommendations and a quick online test to see if your computer has the minimum required components.
Web Conference Classes and Live Online Events
Our live web conference classes use Webex.
- How-to: Web Conference Courses Learn how to use Webex and check minimum system requirements
- ODU Web Conference Test Link: Test your audio and video configuration
- Access Web Conference Courses
ODU also offers Zoom, an online meeting tool that you can use for group work, study sessions, or meetings with your professor.
Blackboard is ODU's learning management system. Your instructors may use Blackboard to deliver course content, host discussion forums, and administer exams. It's compatible with Windows and Mac, and Blackboard mobile apps are available.
- Get an online guide to Blackboard or view training videos
- Frequently asked questions about Blackboard
Personal Learning Environment (PLE)
The PLE is an interface used in flexible online courses, designed by ODU's Center for Learning and Teaching.
- PLE is accessed through Blackboard.
The option to take courses by portable media is limited to students with specific academic or military experience and training who are enrolling in specific programs.
- For portable media exam issues or technical assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-968-2638.