This post-professional certificate is designed for nurses who already hold an MSN. The curriculum includes only those courses and practicums required for eligibility to take the Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification exam.
You will learn about the field of geriatrics as well as the social, physical, and health changes associated with aging. You will also learn how to identify gaps in health care delivery for older adults.
When you graduate, you will be able to:
- Diagnose, treat, and manage illnesses and conditions associated with gerontology
- Provide expertise and support to nurses caring for older adult patients in multiple settings
- Help drive practice changes throughout an organization
- Use best practices and evidence-based care to achieve the best possible patient outcomes
- Work in interprofessional teams to design, implement, and evaluate interventions to improve health
Our program includes courses required by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. Both of these organizations administer certification exams for Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist.