GEICO Associates and ODUOnline
Partnering for Your Success
ODUOnline has helped over 17,000 students earn a degree right where they are—and we're ready to help you, too!
Old Dominion University (ODU) is a public university in Norfolk, Virginia. We've partnered with GEICO to help associates advance their education, on campus in Norfolk or online through ODUOnline.
With ODU, you can:
- Start or finish an approved bachelor's degree.
- Take GEICO-approved core business courses for Management Associates and Applicants for management positions.
- Transfer a business degree from Tidewater Community College for credit at ODU.
- Pay no tuition out-of-pocket—we bill GEICO directly!
Plus, we're waiving the application fee!
No Tuition Reimbursement Hassle
ODU bills GEICO directly for your tuition, so you don't have to worry about paying first and waiting for reimbursement.
GEICO will cover 100% of your tuition and textbooks costs for each course, up to a maximum amount each year. As of September 2020, the annual limit for this benefit is $5,250.
You are responsible for going to class, earning a grade of C- or better, and submitting documentation to GEICO at the conclusion of each class.
ODU Programs Approved by GEICO
Career Advancement Classes
ODU offers classes that fulfill GEICO's education requirement for Management Associates and Applicants for management positions. You can complete these courses on campus or online.
When you complete these required courses at ODU, you can apply for a Certificate of Completion through GEICO.
Bachelor's Degree Programs
GEICO's education benefit will cover tuition for classes in a management or business-related undergraduate degree. At ODU, this applies to the following programs, online and on campus:
- Information Systems & Technology *
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Training Specialist *
* Program must be approved by GEICO before applying to ODU.
Do you have a business degree from TCC? You may be able to transfer your credits to ODU and get a head start on one of these approved degrees. Our enrollment staff can make an unofficial evaluation of transcripts from TCC or another college to see which credits may transfer to ODU, before you even apply!
How to Get Started
Our enrollment team is here to answer questions before you apply. We have virtual sessions once a month on ODU Wednesdays, if you want to chat. To be contacted by an enrollment coach more quickly, fill out the form on this page.
Our team will answer any questions you may have about our academic programs, taking classes online, or transferring college credits you've already earned.
For questions about the GEICO Tuition Reimbursement Program, please contact R7Education@geico.com.
- Contact ODUOnline with the form on this page. Let us know if you're interested in a degree or required courses, and if you have any questions. We'll connect you with a dedicated ODUOnline enrollment coach who can answer questions, make sure you're ready to apply, and even guide you through the application process.
- Contact your manager or submit a GEICO Tuition Reimbursement application. Your application must be approved before your first day of class at ODU. The application is required per course.
- At the conclusion of each class, you must upload your grade and account status to GEICO so they can verify all requirements are met, and they will pay your tuition directly to ODU.
Note: If you don't meet the student responsibilities of the GEICO Tuition Reimbursement Program, you will become responsible for paying your tuition to ODU. Learn More About Student Responsibilities
Dropping or Withdrawing from Class
If you withdraw from a course or courses, you will be billed immediately with payment due to Old Dominion University.
Non-payment does NOT result in automatic withdrawal. You will remain enrolled in a class regardless of payment status until you withdraw.
Grade Minimum and Report
ODU will bill GEICO for your tuition at the end of each class or semester. To receive the tuition benefit from GEICO, you must:
- Earn a grade of C- or higher in each approved class, and
- Upload proof of your final grade and your ODU financial account summary to GEICO within 30 days of the class end date.
If one of these requirements is not met, you will become responsible for paying your tuition balance with ODU.
Unpaid Student Balances
If you become responsible for paying tuition to ODU, you will receive an invoice with the total and payment due date.
If you do not pay your invoice, then your ODU account will be placed on hold. When there is a hold on your account, you will not be able to access your transcripts, receive a diploma, or register for future classes. This hold will remain in place until you set up a payment plan or pay the balance in full.
If payment is not made or a payment plan is not set up within 120 days of receiving the invoice, your account will be turned over a collection agency and a collection fee will be added.