Classes that fit into your busy life
"Working 60 hours a week makes finding time for reaching goals difficult, but ODUOnline has made completing my goal a reality. My professor is easily accessible, knowledgeable and pushes me as a student. From day one with ODU, I have enjoyed the process, grown as an individual, and restored faith, focus and energy in reaching my goal."
Two TYPES OF CLASSES AT ODUOnline
Live Web Conference
- Online meetings at regularly scheduled days and times
- Connect through web conferencing software so you can see and interact with classmates and your instructor
- Many classes are recorded for later review
- Learn through online modules available anytime, anywhere
- Designed and built by ODU faculty working with ODU instructional designers
- Follow target deadlines for advising, assignments, and exams, usually in a semester format
Degrees and credentials to help you succeed
Ready to start or finish your bachelor’s degree online?
Your personal ODUOnline advisor will help you plan a course of study.
We'll evaluate your existing credits to see what will transfer to ODU, before you even apply. Contact us to get started.
You could get guaranteed admission for select programs when you start at one of Virginia's community colleges. >>Learn More
Time to build on your professional experience or get your graduate degree?
Gain valuable insights and practical knowledge from your classmates and from expert ODU faculty.
For degrees which require a practical experience, your professor or advisor will help arrange an experience at a facility in your area or place of employment.
Some face-to-face instruction may be required for doctoral degrees. Most programs accommodate this with an intensive, in-person institute each summer on our main campus in Norfolk, Virginia. Explore ODU's online doctorate programs for details.
Earn professional certificates, endorsements, and licensure
Advance your career with training in a specific area and specialized knowledge to establish yourself as an expert.
Gain an endorsement for your teaching license.